Sunday 24 August 2014


Seeing with Intention

The other day I was at the Buddhist Center outside of Tatamagoushe, Dorje Denma Ling. Mary was on a silent retreat and I was to pick her up, since we are still operating with one car. I was sitting in a quiet area the sun was warming my back and I was looking through a magazine. Fitting to a place for deep contemplation, I found an article inspiring me of deep reflection. At first glance the article was about a woman who was drawing, teaching herself to draw everything she saw and where every she was. Why? She wanted to learn how to see with intention, she said, it helps her to see. Reflecting on these words I came up with wanting to do the same.
However, I found hindering thoughts. The exposure of sitting and drawing moving people, what will I be drawing, what will I be willing to remember or will I be wanting to move impatiently away. Setting up in my studio seems easy, doing art when I am in the mood for it. However, seeing with intention seems to be a different kind of art. Learning, exposing, relationship with people drawing and then the spectators. Life! Isn't this Life? Entering Life on a different level, not with the quick and superficial click of the camera, rather with a commitment of time and intensity. I shatter when I think of it... surrender... !!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Intention, commitment to see, to see life as it happens, sounds like a plan, I want to do that also. Look forward to your results of intention and commitment.....surrendering!!! I love you

Archan Knotz creates : February

Archan Knotz creates : February :  Every year it happens, February arrives and I have this strong urge ...