Tuesday 20 November 2018

Sunday Passed

Monotype print by Archan Knotz
Sunday passed, as every Sunday I decided to take in a sauna.

That is when I start to prime myself for the cold dip in the Strait. It is a ritual,  I set the temperature at the thermometer for the sauna and do my sauna prep while all the while I work myself up to walking down the lane to the beach to lower myself into the Strait.

All this week, I have been watching the water, listening to the wind.

After I come out of the sauna my bathing suit is waiting for me, still not sure if I will go in, however, I will put it on just in case.
On the lane there is no wind, thankfully I look up to the sky as an eagle glides by overhead. Yes, I think I can do this.

As I passed the woods the west wind hits me and my body cools down very quickly.
Carefully, I make my way down the icy steps.
The last part of the steps have been pulled up for the winter, peeling off the bathrobe bravely I climb down the rest of the way.

Leaving my hat, bathrobe and towel on a rook, I walk toward the roaring water.
Bloody hell the water is cold.
My legs burn, I put my arms into the water and splash myself till I am completely wet.

That was enough for the Sunday passed. 
I was not able to lower myself into the Strait but there is always next Sunday!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Archan you are doing this. Amazing! Proud of you my friend ❤

Archan creates said...

Wishing you lived closer!

Archan Knotz creates : February

Archan Knotz creates : February :  Every year it happens, February arrives and I have this strong urge ...