Friday 10 November 2017

Monotype Print on an Envelop from 1945   



Today 79 Years ago

Friends from Germany are posting their concerns on social media about the connection between our global situation and the night 79 years ago today, 
known as the Kristallnacht. 
CBC is interviewing Max Wallace - In the Name of Humanity. All themed around the Kristallnacht.
 I was going to write, that this night was the beginning of .... but it was not the beginning, the beginning was long before the Kristallnacht.

The monotype print displayed above, 
was produced in memory of my mom who was a  WWII survivor.
I am feeling emotional about all this but 
am I going to stand up and speak out?



First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Martin Niemoeller




 
 

No comments:

Archan Knotz creates : February

Archan Knotz creates : February :  Every year it happens, February arrives and I have this strong urge ...