Tuesday 26 November 2019

The Call of the Strait

The windows are open at our silent retreat.
Sitting in silence, calling out from our source through our mind to focus on our breath. 
Retraining the brain, to let go of thoughts, worries or, our to do lists.

I hear the waves, coming to the shore, calling.
Waves, who are bringing water from all over the world.

Listening, focussing back onto breath, listening.....
I am blessed to sit in my house and hear the waves kissing with passion the shore.

On our walk break from sitting, I went down to the shore, I couldn’t resist.

The waves breaking , the wind cold on my face.
Every now and then, the water was exhaling and I caught it’s brine breath in my nostrils.

Mesmerizing, the waves breaking on the shore.
I imagine, the waves carrying never ending stories, and that I am part of the stories it carries.

Imagining how old this water is breaking in front of me and that I am a part of it.

I am in awe about the beauty, strength and wisdom of the ocean!

No comments:

Archan Knotz creates : February

Archan Knotz creates : February :  Every year it happens, February arrives and I have this strong urge ...