Thursday 6 September 2018

Early September and the Swimming is Good

Love to swim 8x10" acrylic SOLD

I am feeling so inspired. It seems, swimming with a swimming partner gives me an extra kick. Catherine and I have been tackling the most wavy swims at the Northumberland Strait. Over 1000m, WOW while waves slapping us in our faces and we are feeling a little sea sick. However, it feels like a great accomplishment.

My artwork has been influenced this year by my rediscovered love of swimming.  For example, with re-purposing plastic bags as my printing plate.
Re-purposed plastic bag plate for monotype print

The Swimsuit that will bring you Happiness and gives you Peace is in your Closet 11x 17" monotype print
  I feel grateful that our beach is not a collector beach like the Driftwood Beach in Advocate Harbour.
We are all connected the water in Advocate Harbour is part of our water at the Northumberland Strait. The garbage and plastic floating in our waters is a real problem.

Make it a day of being aware if you are nourished or if you are consuming and still feeling empty.


 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great blog. The sooner we eradicate plastics, the better. We have to stop using single using plastics.

Archan creates said...

Mark, thank you for your comment. I think we need to stop consuming period.

Archan Knotz creates : February

Archan Knotz creates : February :  Every year it happens, February arrives and I have this strong urge ...