Wednesday 25 February 2015

10" x 8" monotype print by Archan Knotz
Enjoying still electricity and therefore the connection to the web is wonderful on a stormy, blustery day in rural Nova Scotia. Time to create some art. I have been experimenting with monotype printing as you know and feel I have been somewhat successful. However, there are so many variables. Sometimes, the paper is not wet enough or to wet, or I have not applied enough watercolour on the plexiglass.
plexiglass of monotype print
This is the plexiglass before I transferred the image. Looks to me as if I have enough paint on it. However, as I transferred the image the paper lost some of it's fibers which never happened before. Maybe, I had the paper to long in the water. Well, anyway I had fun producing this monoprint, loving the texture.   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are an experimenter, "try again" is in your vocabulary,I can't think of anywhere I would rather be then in a winter storm with you.

Archan Knotz creates : February

Archan Knotz creates : February :  Every year it happens, February arrives and I have this strong urge ...